in a Spectrum Game
The Spectrum is home to the greatest games ever invented, and never a day passes when some 16-bit programmer
nicks one of the millions of original and great ideas that are to be found among the thousands
of Spectrum games available. But which ones should they nick? Which bits of all the best Spectrum games are the best bits?
Well, after a breif survey of comp.sys.sinclair, the following opinions are held. I have also tried my best to grab a piccie
of it as well, just so you know why it's the best.
- The ring-laser in R-Type
- The rocket in Exolon
- The most powerful rainbow in Rainbow Islands
- not the gun in Asteroids
Best Sound Effect
- The "fart" fx in JetPac when you get killed.
- Getting killed in Splat!
- Glider Rider
- Nodes of Yesod
Best Dying Sequence?
- Hmm. Something out of Trapdoor?
Which game would people most like to live in?
- Dizzy's world
- not the house in Soft and Cuddly then?
- The resuurections in Nemesis the Warlock.
- Zzoom - those men explode in blood!
- The animations in Soft & Cuddly.
So if you would like to disagree with any of these, or add your own,
please feel free to e-mail me and I'll add your to the list. Provided
the reason is good enough! The game with the most votes will be indicated.
- Well, since virtually all of them are "Congratulations, you have won", it's pretty close.
Stephen Smith - stevo@REMOVE-THIScarlylesmith.karoo.co.uk
- Explosions look better with attribute clash.